Sunday, September 25, 2011

The 5K

We all know it.  3.1 miles.  Short and painfully sweet.  It tends to be the race that almost anyone can tackle, runner or not.  It's a solid push that doesn't take too much training.  For many, it's a "first race".  For the distance runner, it's a brutal sprint.  For the non-runner, well, it can be done.  These races draw young kids, moms or dads with strollers, friends who run together,  those who are out to support a good cause and so many more.  It's hard not to feel good about tackling the 5K.   If you haven't already, give it a shot.

Listen to This:
Maniac - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah    Maniac - Hysterical

2 comments:

  1. I ran my first 5k in about 10 years this weekend. I thought I would be last - I wasn't. I ran my fastest time in years and my goal of beating the skinny high-schoolers in front of me...MET. It is the little things ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fantastic. And so satisfying! Enjoy that feeling for a few days!

    ReplyDelete