Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Dreaded Treadmill

Today is the 3rd day of rain this week.  I typically try to brave the elements, but today it's coming down in buckets and I just can't pull it off.  So, reluctantly, I head to the gym.  My suggestion for those of you who struggle with the treadmill, as I do, it to pull the most upbeat, crazy, songs on the list and put them in their own playlist.  Get on the "moving dance floor" (as I like to call it), turn up the volume, and zone out.  The minutes tend to fly by when you are rocking out.  I often go go a bit overboard and throw some hand and head movements in to my favorite songs.  I do get stares, and I'm fine with that.  But, today, when I hopped off, the woman next to me, who had been giving me a strange look as I ran, asked, "what were you listening to?", to which I simply replied, "just really good music.  That's all it takes."  She smiled, nodded and walked away.  I think she got it.

Listen to this:
Titanium (feat. Sia) - David Guetta   Nothing But the Beat - David Guetta

No comments:

Post a Comment