Monday, October 24, 2011

"The Power of Buzz"

This morning I was listening to XM radio and heard a deejay say, "I believe in the power of buzz."  I thought about this one for a while.  The 'power of buzz' can apply to almost anything.  It could be the buzz I get from my first cup of coffee or perhaps it's the buzz I feel in my gut when I'm about to race or maybe it's the buzz I feel when I hear a song for the first time and I can't wait to play it for someone.  I could really take it in any direction.  I realize this was not necessarily the 'buzz' the deejay was describing, but it was working for me and I liked the way it sounded.  That said, what he's most likely talking about is also something that might be worth wrapping our heads around.  It's 'the buzz' that gets us excited, gets us talking and sharing and, as a result, gets other people buzzing.  It's how we learn about new music, new books, new technology and so much more.  What's the buzz, people ask, and how do we get more info?  It's a little piece of what makes each day unique and thrilling and helps to keep us guessing.  So, may you embrace the 'buzz', however you interpret it.


Listen to this:
Little Talks - Of Monsters & Men    Little Talks - Little Talks - Single

No comments:

Post a Comment