Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Little Things

RUNNING (sort of)....

 So yesterday I turned 38.  It was a lovely day.  But, in general, it's relatively unexciting age.  Not quite 40 and yet the mid-30s are looonnng gone.  It's all good.  I'm not sweating it.  As a friend and fellow runner recently said to me, "You're only as young as you feel."  And to be honest, these days I'm feeling pretty spritely.  Over the past couple weeks, I have been giving some thought about how this year played out for me.  While nothing monumental happened while I was 37, there were some little, yet notable changes that, together, add up to something worth feeling damn good about.  And as we all know - it's the little things in life.  So high-fives all around.  Another year behind me and, hopefully, another great year ahead.

LFTF stands for LIVE FOR THE FUNK .
And, yes, I still do - even at age 38.
In 2012 I became (in no particular order):
1. A little faster.
2. A little stronger.
3. A little more energetic.
4. A little wiser.
5. A little closer to my daughters.
6. A little more content with my marriage.
7. A little happier in my jobs - both of them.
8. A little less concerned about what I wear or look like.
I don't have this shirt but I wish I did.

9. A little more patient.
10. A little more into music.
11. A little more into running.
12. A little goofier.
13. A little less concerned about #12.
14. A little less focused on the past.
15. A little more focused on the here & now.
16. A little more excited about the future.
17. A little more willing to forgive.
18. A little more grateful for family & friends.
19. A little more sure of who I am, as a runner, a mother & a person.

20. A little more appreciative of all the little things.

...and MUSIC


Listen to this:
Hummingbird - Alex Clare  Humming Bird - The Lateness of the Hour



ONE MORE THING: Don't forget to enter the Janji Giveaway for a sweet 'Haiti' tech shirt and Janji water bottle.  Contest ends on Friday. It takes 30 seconds. Go!

1 comment:


  1. Laser surgery
    is one of the most advanced procedures performed today to correct vision problems. In this surgical procedure, light rays are bent or refracted by the cornea so that they are directed on the retina. (The retina is a layer of cells that senses light). Before you plan to undergo laser eye surgery, it may be wise to be well-informed about the whole procedure - it's risks and how to prevent them, as well as its benefits.


    An inguinal hernia
    occurs in the groin—the area between the abdomen and thigh. This type of hernia is called inguinal because fat or part of the intestine slides through a weak area at the inguinal ring, the opening to the inguinal canal......


    Laser surgery doctors in India


    Elbow joint replacement in India


    Renal vein thrombosis surgery India


    Hernia surgery in India

    ReplyDelete