Friday, April 5, 2013

Recommended Dose (& New Balance Winner)

RUNNING...
Recommended daily fiber intake: 25 grams

Recommended daily running intake: 30 minutes 
(or whatever I can get)

My girls are home from school today because of 'staff development'.  I, personally, feel that our staff is great shape, but I don't have a say in the matter.  I love hanging out with my girls but these can be long days.  They don't go to the same school as their immediate neighbors so they have no buddies to pal around with.  That makes me the buddy.  It's fun for a while.  Than it's...um...not as fun.  We got an early start this morning and combined walking our dog, getting coffee (for me) and having some quality playground time; all in one fell swoop.  It was a solid outing.  Then, they asked if I could take them to the toy store so they could look around and potentially get something with the money they have been saving up.  Oh boy.  But I had nothing else planned, so off we went.  I tried to stay out of it as they looked around and sized up their options.  I did have to say "no" to florescent hair powder and lip gloss kits.  They ended up with a sticker machine and a manicure/pedicure kit.  Could have been worse.  At the moment, they are downstairs doing each other's nails.  I should be checking on the situation but I'm also feeling like it might be better for me not to see what's going on.

You should see her palms.  They are also red.
I have not been able to get out for a run yet today.  This might explain why I lost my credit card within the first 2 hours of the day (thank you Sven A. for finding it) and why I have been saying "yes" to things I normally wouldn't (ie. chocolate pound cake for breakfast).   Running, for me, is like fiber.  It keeps me 'regular', so to speak.  On days like today I am reminded why I need my daily dose.

...AND MUSIC

Listen to this:
Evil Friends - Portugal. The Man  Evil Friends - Evil Friends


NEW BALANCE GIVEAWAY WINNER:
Congratulations to ROBIN A.  She will be sporting a new pair of New Balance Well2Go Flats.  Robin is a mom of two, a runner and a Pre-K teacher.  I'm guessing she'll get a lot of use out of these babies.  Huge thank you to the folks over at New Balance for donating these awesome shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment