Monday, July 1, 2013

One of THOSE Runs

RUNNING...
July 1, 2013
Today's Weather:


Today I ran 10 miles.   It was one of those.......holy crap this air is thicker than molasses...it kind of feels like I am plodding through cement...my Garmin must be broken because there is no way I could be running that slowly...actually, it does feel like I'm running pretty slowly...I wonder if I'm coming down with something because I'm feeling a little feverish...I really want to stop right now...I'm sweating so much that my "no-slip" earphones are slipping...I don't think I have ever been thirstier than I am right this second...wow, I hope I don't look as bad as that guy does...sweet Pete, I am only at mile 5...oh come on, it has rained every day since last Thursday and the sun is coming out now...really??...right now?...dammit, the mosquitos are out in full force...I am seriously considering shaving my head when I get home...wow, the smell of manure has got to be at an all time high...what the hell was I thinking when I headed out today...I really should have gone inside and ran on the treadmill...maybe if I turn up the volume on my music I will stop thinking about how brutal this is...
 --->insert long moment of silence & lots of heavy breathing here <--- 
...okay, Rebecca, let's go...one foot, then the other, come on....you are almost done...wow, this last mile is taking FOREVER........kind of runs.  It was easily one of my top 10 hardest (both mentally and physically) runs of all time.  And, yet, once it was over, I thought to myself, as only a crazy runner would....man, that run kind of sucked but I am definitely a stronger and better runner for having gotten it done..and I feel pretty freakin' badass, too.

BOOYAH!
...AND MUSIC



Listen to this:

6 comments:

  1. it's so encouraging to hear that even a kick-ass runner like you has days like this. it makes me feel a little less inadequate. ;-) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should never feel inadequate, my dear. You are a badass in so many things. I am often in awe. So, it works both ways. :)

      Delete
  2. i think theses types of runs really make you realise that we are human, and we are going to have bad days. But you didn't quit and that is what matters.
    I ran 10mi today too, and I tell you what I felt great throughout the whole run, but when I got to the end I was booyah too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I ran 10mi today too, and I tell you what I felt great throughout the whole run, but when I got to the end I was booyah too."

      And that is really all that matters!!

      Delete
  3. I had THE SAME experience Sunday, June 30. I picked the WORST time and day to do my first 14 mile. I averaged 10.5 min miles and looked like I dove in a river when I was done. Running with music got me through it! Good to know that I am not the only crazy out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, we're all a little nuts. It keeps us interesting. And thank heaven for music... these days, I don't know what I would do without it!!! Nice job on your 14 miler.

      Delete