Friday, August 23, 2013

New...Again

We are young
We are one
Let us shine for what it's worth
~ The Royal Concept, 'On Our Way'

Yesterday was our first 'official' cross country practice.  Can you feel me smiling?  I am a new, different and, in many ways, better, person/runner/mom/friend when I start a new season.  My energy is refreshed.  My senses are heightened.  My emotions are tapped in new ways.  I see things differently.   I hear things differently.  I relate on a new level.  On their level.  But also on mine.  From day one, I start to learn from them as I hope they learn from me.  Yesterday I was surrounded by almost 50 high school girls who love to run and love to be a part of team.  Who support each other.  Who laugh together.  Who struggle together.  Who push themselves beyond their comfort zone.  And who come back again the next day and do it all over again.  I am giddy.  I am nervous.  I am ready.  And I am so damn lucky.  I have the best job in the world.  GO LEX!

Listen to this:
ON OUR WAY - The Royal Concept  

1 comment: