Sweet, sweet October. Literally. The candy situation is officially out of control starting today. It's a mom's worst nightmare. There is really nothing I can do but embrace it and join the fun - or hop on my broom and fly with the best of them. (insert a good cackle here). Fall is in full swing now. And I LOVE it. The leaves are changing and coming down, the temp is dropping and the jackets are coming out on a regular basis. It's easily the best month for running. I have a perma-grin every time I head out. My kids also have perma-grins every day as they countdown to Halloween. I have nothing to complain about...well, except the sugar situation, but that's minor and has an end to it. The new music continues to flow and I continue to enjoy it. All in, I am one lucky....witch. Here's what's on my October "to-do" list:
1. Run a marathon. Oh BOY!! (the tone here is both sarcastic AND excited).
2. Take two weeks off from running after said marathon.
3. Guide my high school girls' xc team through the rest of their league meets.
4. Buy candy corn and eat too much of it (happens every year).
5. Carve pumpkins with my daughters.
6. Attempt to drum up a costume for myself as my girls claim that I never dress up.
7. Listen to the girls (and their friends) talk about candy, costumes and everything else related to Halloween for 31 days. Non-stop.
8. Start planning my daughter's birthday 9th party. (wait...9??? How did that happen?)
9. Enjoy the first fire of the season with my family. (ooh, better get my chimneys cleaned)
10. Last, but not least, sit back, relax and listen to some really good music.
Hope you all have a spooktacular month. Happy listening & Happy Halloween.
Team - Lorde
In Rolling Waves
by The Naked & Famous