Sunday, December 1, 2013

LET IT SNOW


'Tis the season, folks.  December is yet another big one.  Particularly for the wee ones.  My monthly "to-do" list is long and multi-layered.  And, yes, most of it is holiday related.  Ho ho ho.  I have just learned that the lego sets that have been on my girls' lists for several months are no longer a hot ticket item.  Total bummer seeing as I'd already let the big man know about them and gone so far as to purchase them myself knowing he would pay me back.  So much for being on the ball.  Though my kids would beg to differ, there is more to this month than Christmas.  My local running group has a 5K on the books that we'll be trying to win as a team...for best costume.  My family will start trekking up to Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire every week-end to ski; my 9 year old downhill racing for the first time this season (deep breaths).  And, as always, I will continue to dig around for good music.  Though, I can not tell a lie, I am a sucker for Nat King Cole in December.  So, to all of you, regardless of what and/or how you celebrate this month, if at all, may you enjoy it as much as my 6 year old does....which is typically a lot.  MerrEverything!

December 'To-Do' List
1. Several holiday related items including, but not limited to:
  • purchase & trim our tree
  • shop for Christmas gifts
  • stress out and panic when my kids change their minds
  • decorate the house with holiday tchotchkes (we have MANY)
2. Run the Winter Classic 5K with the Winchester ladies in full costume, tutus and all.
3. Head up to New Hampshire for the start of our ski season at Cannon.
4. Build a snowman and get some sledding in with my kids (weather permitting).
5. Go cheer on my LHS ladies at an indoor track meet.
6. Eat a ridiculous amount of gingerbread products.
7. Host our neighborhood Christmas party.
8. Enjoy the long break from school, work, & routine between Christmas & New Years.
9. Spend some quality time with my husband's side of the family during the break; a total of 5 kids (ages 6-12), 6 adults, 2 dogs, and 2 guinea pigs when we're all together.
10. Rock around the Christmas tree with the December music of the month.

SONG:
Mesmerise - Temples


ALBUM:



Matangi - M.I.A.






AND (I couldn't resist)




A Very She & Him Christmas - She & Him

1 comment: