It's Spring fever.
That is what the name of it is.
And when you've got it,
you want - oh, you don't quite know
what it is you do want,
but it just fairly,
makes your heart ache,
you want it so!
~ Mark Twain
It's 6:00AM on March 21st and I am already in a really, really good mood. Why? Because it's spring. And I have Spring fever. Big time. Who cares if it's supposed to snow next week here in Boston. (for the love of Pete, NO!) I'm living in the moment. I feel totally recharged and ready to rock. How do I know I have Spring fever? Well, I'm hoping that's what it is, otherwise, I'm losing it.
TOP 10 SIGNS THAT I OFFICIALLY HAVE SPRING FEVER1. I've had a perma-grin since yesterday.
2. Every time I walk outside my house, I find myself pausing to look at the grass. It's...just...so...green.
3. I ran twice yesterday. Once in the morning with a buddy. And then again at track practice with my high school team because I couldn't resist another opportunity to run outside.
4. I find myself randomly hugging my children at odd times of the day.
5. I considered buying an iced coffee yesterday.
6. I love every song I hear on the radio.
7. I've been high-fiving my mailman. (he must have it, too, because he's been happy to oblige)
8. I'm not dreading my next 20 miler because I won't have to wear a face mask or cover my exposed skin with Aquafor.
9. I went out of my way to buy bird seed on my way home from work yesterday.
10. It's currently 36 degrees and I'm thinking shorts & a tank for my run today, right?
Feeling it. Loving it. Spreading it. Happy Spring, everyone!
Listen to this:
Somebody Loves You - Betty Who