Tuesday, June 9, 2015

TAPERING...AGAIN


On Saturday, barring any unforeseen disasters (knock on wood), I'll be running my 11th marathon down in Poughkeepsie, NY.  So, once again, I'm tapering.  G'AH!  So much time.  So little running.  In the past, I've taken this week to catch up on all the things I put off doing when I'm training because I'm too tired and I don't want to deal.  None of it is very exciting, but it does feel good to get it all done.  Things like:

~ tackle the "other" laundry. (ie. sheets, towels, pets...kidding.  But, seriously, all the non-clothing items that have been piling up)
~ clean my closet (very cathartic)
~ clean the basement (significantly more painful than the closet and thus significantly more rewarding)
~ vacuum out my car (always some good treasures in between my kids' seats)
~ clean out the fridge and/or freezer (usually interesting and often disgusting)

A whole lot of cleaning this week.  I know, thrilling.  But, in addition to all the lame stuff, I do try to relax and have some fun while I'm tapering, too.  I like to take advantage of the extra hours and do the things I rarely have time for but wish I could do more of such as:

~ Catch up on my reading. (Just finished the The Vacationers.  Highly recommend it.)


~ Try out some new board games w/ Grace (It was Mrs. Peacock with the candlestick in the kitchen.)


~ Take long walks in the woods w/ the dogs. (these are slow & steady bc Lucy is 14)


~ Play fetch with Clover. (always a bit tricky)


~ Take naps. (because I can)



~ Brush up on my French.
~ Try a new recipe.
~ Do both at the same time?

~ Finalize my marathon playlist. (I'm embarrassed to tell you how much time I spend on this)


~ Put my feet up and chill the f*** out.  (you'd think this would be easier.  It's not)


4 days to go.  Tick.  Tock.  #TAPERON

Listen to this:
Running Behind - HOLYCHILD  

No comments:

Post a Comment