I am so incredibly thankful for so many things. My family, my friends, my teammates, my health, my job, having a roof over my head and food to eat....the list goes on and on. Not a day goes by that I don't stop for a moment and recognize how lucky I am. Tomorrow, our family is headed up to New Hampshire with my in-laws to celebrate Thanksgiving. We will eat, stay up late, sleep late, hike, swim, run, eat more; just spend a lot of quality time together. It hasn't even happened yet and I'm already thankful. I'm also really thankful that I don't have to make my kids' school lunches for the rest of the week. If that sounds ridiculous so be it. Sometimes it's good to recognize and appreciate the little and somewhat random things in life that we are thankful for, as they tend to be the things that make a big impact on our regular routine. More often than not, they are the simple things, the things that we look forward to and things that make us smile and keep us happy day in and day out. And that, my friends, is often what it's all about.
TOP 10 'OTHER' THINGS THAT I'M REALLY THANKFUL FOR
1. HOT SHOWERS - I'll spare you the photo on this one. But, oh man, a hot shower after a hard workout or a stressful day? Nothing beats it. The only downfall to a hot shower is having to get out and that's not the shower's fault.
2. FUN SOCKS - They always make me smile. I can't not be in a good mood when I'm wearing them. Get yourself a pair. I think you'll feel the same way.
3. MOISTURE-WICKING FABRIC - The thought of doing a 22 miler in the pouring rain wearing cotton. I can't even.
4. COFFEE - Yes, I love coffee because it wakes me up and gets me going. But, it's also the great uniter. What better way to connect with others than sitting down over a warm cup of Joe?
5. A GOOD BOOK - My perfect morning consists of coffee, a good book an no agenda. Books help you escape, if only for a brief moment. And a good story can move you like nothing else can.
6. HOODIES - Ok, I'll admit I am a hoodie addict. But this single item of clothing can be worn year round, can be dressed up (No? I beg to differ) or down and is essentially like wearing an acceptable blanket. There's nothing cozier and/or more comfortable than a hoodie. Nothing.
7. ICE CREAM - Because ice cream.
8. MUSIC - It soothes, it heals, it excites, it motivates, it drives, it connects, it defines, it educates, it inspires, it moves, it pushes, it pulls, it frees. There are not always words. There is always music.
9. THE TREADMILL - I don't like the treadmill, per se. But I am thankful for it. Winter running can be brutal and while I do try and brave the elements, there are days when it simply can't happen. There is no way I'd get all my training in for a spring marathon if I did't have this indoor option. Add the tv component and...well...just, yeah.
10. NAPS - Reset, recharge, relief. Enough said.
Listen to this:
LOST SONG - NONONO