Monday, June 3, 2019

DIARY OF A MADWOM....RUNNER

🎶 Tell me do you feel it
Do you feel it?
Crazy is calling you
Do you feel it?🎶
~ Goldroom, 'Do You Feel It Now'



FRIDAY, 8:00AM
Oof. Track workout today. 12 x 400.  Man, I've been dragging this week.  This could be interesting.  Okay, you done, Rebecca?  Let's go. 

FRIDAY, 10:30AM
Workout done.  Success.  Damn, that was hard.  And yet, it turned out better than I'd expected.  Funny how that happens.  Now coffee.

FRIDAY, 12:00PM
Off to walk dogs, shower, grab lunch, eat in car, head to grocery store.  Living the dream.

FRIDAY, 1:15PM
SHIIIIIT!!! I'm supposed to double today.  I totally forgot.  And I already showered.  Plus, I'm SO tired.  I can't do it.  I just can't.

FRIDAY, 2:00PM
I'm doing it. 6 miles. Here we go.

Friday, 3:30-9:30PM
Pick girls up from school.  Drop Rosie at the gym.  Bring Grace to soccer practice.  Pick Rosie up from gym.  Pick Grace up from soccer.  Drop Rosie off at school.  Eat food.  Head over to school for Rosie's performance of 'Legally Blonde'.  Eat more food.  Go to bed.  WINNING.

SATURDAY, 8:30AM
Holy shit I'm tired.  Still gotta go.  6 mile shakeout.  Giddy up.

SATURDAY, 10:00-2:00PM
Drive to Grace's soccer game in Watertown.  Drive from Grace's game to Rosie's game in Bedford.  Running out of fuel.  Must. Eat. Sandwich. 

SATURDAY, 5:30PM
Legs up with a book on the front porch.  Sweet Pete.  Thank goodness tomorrow is my day off.  I so need the rest.

SATURDAY, 8:00PM
Dinner & Bruins playoffs.

SATURDAY, 9:30PM
Bruins are winning 4-0 in the second.  I'm out.  

SUNDAY, 8:00AM
Off to Grace's soccer game.  Bagel and coffee on the road.  Still really tired.

SUNDAY, 11:00AM
Hmm. So, maybe I'll just go do my long run today.  I've got the cable guy coming tomorrow and I won't be able to wait around for that and get 18 miles in afterwards.  Plus, I have the time today to get it done.  That said, my legs are toast.  I'd love to just go home and nap.  Yea.  Okay.  Maybe I'll just switch my long run to Tuesday and do an easy 8 tomorrow morning before the cable guy comes.  That's the call.

SUNDAY, 11:30AM
And now I'm going.  That was funny.  Back in a few hours.

SUNDAY, 2:00-5:00PM
Long run DONE.  Now dress shopping with Rosie, massage for myself (hallelujah), soccer with Grace, and quick trip to the grocery store.  CRUSHING IT.

SUNDAY, 8:30PM
In bed.

SUNDAY, 9:00PM
Out like light.  Yep. Still winning.

Listen to this:
Do You Feel It Now - Goldroom

2 comments: