Thursday, September 29, 2022

LONE GULL 10K: A PHOTO STORY

How you've grown
Look back now
And move on
Don't worry
About a thing
Just grab those car keys
And drive into the rain 
~ Car Keys, Jaguar Sun

Keeping it simple for this one.  Because, let's be honest, I don't change it up much when it comes to race day.  Coffee, dogs, drive, race, coffee.  That pretty much sums it up most of the time.  This was my last hard effort before the Chicago marathon which is on October 9th.  It was a great race and a really fun morning in general.  The goal was to push hard and that's what I did.  Back in 2018, I ran the Tufts 10k.  I was 33 years old and it was my first time lining up since having my daughters.  I could not wait to get back into it.  Today I'm 47 and while I'm still after it, I see running and racing in a whole new light.  At this point in my life I'm just grateful to do what I love and curious to see what's possible.  

Lone Gull 10K
Sunday, October 25th


6:00am
Saturday was nuts.  And I'm wicked tired.  But it's a beautiful morning. So, zero complaints.


6:35am
Coffee on the front porch with Clover & Enzo.  Enzo is hiding behind me because he's scared of the camera.  And pretty much everything.


7:15am
41 minutes to get to Gloucester, MA.  Love that for me.


8:45am
Calm before the storm.


8:50am
Walking to the start of the race.  Hoping we don't have to run on this sand. 


8:53am
Almost there.  Still hoping.


9:38am
FINISHED!


9:44am
Post-race with Chloe Pangonis, a super cool chick and now friend that I'm often racing with.


11:02am
It was a good day.  Now coffee


Listen to this:
Car Keys - Jaguar Sun

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete