"Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's Party!'"
~ Robyn Williams
March is such a promising month here in New England. The first few warmish days creep in (photo above was from 3/1) and the snows begins to clear out. And despite the fact that we will continue to have a few crappy stretches of winter weather, (case in point, it was a balmy 10 degrees on 3/4) the light is truly at the end of the tunnel. And it is shining bright. Literally. Daylight savings is right around the corner which means we will no longer be coming home from work in the dark and feeling like it's bedtime at 7:30pm. YES. The kids in our hood start to play outside more and all the adults slowly come out of the hidey holes that we've been burrowed in all winter. Signs of life are everywhere and this has a positive impact on everyone's mood whether they realize it or not. Here's what I'm most excited about for spring. What's on your list?
SPRING IS COMING: TOP 10 SIGNS
2. Boston Marathon. Not just the race itself but the whole weekend is just so epic. I'm giddy just thinking about it.
3. Spring track at LHS. So much fun to get over to the track and start coaching again.
4. Less clothing. I know my legs are pale but damn does it feel good to run in shorts!
5. Red Sox Baseball. I'm a huge fan. And while I shed a tear or two when Big Poppy retired last year, the current team has some solid potential for 2017.
6. Spring marathon season. In addition to my own, many of my friends and teammates will be running spring marathons. Always gets me even more fired up about running. If that's even possible.
7. Spring flowers. Not just the flowers, which are gorgeous, but the smells, the sounds, all of it. You can just feel spring getting ready to burst through.
8. New music. A lot of bands release new albums right around March/April. Milky Chance, Sylvan Esso and Spoon are a few that I'm psyched to dive into.
9. Spring skiing. There is nothing better then skiing with the sun on your face and with feeling in your fingers and toes.
10. Spring break. My girls head down to Florida to visit my parents and my husband and I get a little staycation. Added bonus...might even get some spring cleaning done, too. I know. Super fun.
Listen to this:
Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man