Friday, June 22, 2012

It's Friday - Reader's Pick

Yesterday I noticed my mom clipping an iPod to her shorts as she was getting ready to go for a walk.  "What do you got on there?" I asked.  She smiled and said, "you'd be surprised".  I was intrigued.  She then told me that she often finds herself pulling over to the side of the road if she hears a song she likes so she can write it down.  Then she promptly goes home, listens again and purchases it on iTunes.  I never would have guessed.  She claimed that her playlist is totally random but she loves it ALL..."though I think I might have bought a little too much Tony Bennett" she said.  We both laughed.  Turns out she's got everything on there from Norah Jones to Lady Gaga to Ringo Starr.  I asked her to pick a few favorites for today's Reader's Pick.  "That's too hard" she said "because it really depends on my mood."  Fair enough.  So I asked her to pick some favorites based on her mood during yesterday's walk.  Here's what she gave me.  I'm guessing she was in a good mood.  Thanks for sharing, Mom!

Listen to this:
Time Tough - Toots & the Maytals  Time Tough - The Very Best of Toots & the Maytals 
Jive Talkin' - Bee Gees  Jive Talkin' - The Ultimate Bee Gees 
Book of Rules - Heptones  Book of Rules - Peace and Harmony: The Trojan Anthology 
Let's Dance - David Bowie  Let's Dance - Best of Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment