Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's All In The Look

As mentioned, this past Sunday my teammate and I ran a 5K in Cambridge, MA.  When the race was over and everyone was socializing I noticed a woman next to me wearing a very cool running tank.  I bee-lined it over to where she was standing and told her how much I loved her top.  We were  both sweaty and tired, but this didn't seem matter to either of us as we began to discussing our style, so to speak.  She told me that she seeks out fun and funky running clothes because, regardless of what place she comes in, her chic duds make her feel faster.  "Yes", I told her, "I totally get it."  When I buy my running shoes, I explained, the brighter the better.  I absolutely feel speedier in a pair of fluorescent blue kicks versus a pair of plain jane white sneakers.  Another case in point; my running teammate showed up at my house today with a little extra zip in her step.  Immediately, I noticed her swanky new running shoes.  I could tell she was fired up to hit the road and when I get a new pair of sneaks I feel exactly the same way.  Runners have little to work with when it comes to fashion.  We're not wearing much to begin with, so we have to make the most of what we've got.  Bottom line - if you look good you tend to feel good.  And if you feel faster, even better!

Listen to this:
Good - The Dodos  Good - No Color

1 comment: