Friday, October 11, 2013

Marathon Montage

"If you feel bad at 10 miles, you're in trouble. If you feel bad at 20 miles, you're normal. If you don't feel bad at 26 miles, you're abnormal." 

~ Rob de Castella, on marathon racing

I have put together a photo montage of my typical marathon experience.  Not only am I seeking out the joy of running, but, I truly believe there has to be some humor in all of it to lighten things up.  Because, really, without a little humor, what's the point?  Okay, and if I'm being totally honest here, I had more time this week than usual on account of my taper.  Who knows what would happen if I had this much time on a regular basis.  Fortunately, it's not something I need to worry about.  1 day, 42 minutes, 56 seconds to go.  See you on the flip side.

Miles 1-5
Let's go. Let's go. Let's GO!

Miles 5-10
Settling In

 Miles 10-15
Zoning Out

Miles 15-20
Digging In

Miles 20-26.2
The Final Push

FINISH
Hallelujah!

POST RACE
I'm NEVER doing that again!*
(*which I have said after all 6 marathons that I have run)

Listen to this:
Run Boy Run - Woodkid   

No comments:

Post a Comment