Friday, May 23, 2014

Track, Fashion, Pain Management & New Music


It's been an incredibly long and eventful week.  But, it's also been amazing.  On Tuesday, I watched proudly as the girls on my high school track team flew, literally, to victory; taking first place at their Middlesex League Championship Meet.  Every runner on the team rose to the occasion.  It was brilliant.

Alex, Me (Coach Trax), Virgina & Hanna

I love this shot.  I am always in awe of high school athletes; particularly with their uncanny amount of positive energy.  It's almost tangible.  This was taken at 9:00 at night, after their races in which they had poured their hearts out on the track.  We'd all been on our feet since 2:30.  Just....wow.

&

LHS Girls Track Team (all 110 of us)

On Wednesday, I bee-lined it into Boston after practice for an exclusive Oiselle Runway show at City Sports.  Me and a couple of the high school runners from my team got to model some of Oiselle's latest looks and chat with people about the brand.  Then we ate carrots.  Lots of them.  For those of you who are looking to buy Oiselle duds in the Boston area, all the City Sports stores are now carrying them.  Boo-yah!


Thursday was pretty mellow, aside from the Cortisone shot that I got in my foot to relieve the pain from an inflamed nerve being pressed on by my bunion.  That's wasn't amazing.  But, the pain free feeling afterwords was, so it's a wash.

And now it's Friday and we have a long week-end.  Double high fives all around.  Added bonus?  I have just discovered that Lykke Li's new album, "I Never Learn", was released in early May.  I saw her live here in Boston a few years ago and she completely blew me away.  As expected, this album does not disappoint.  Go check it out.


Finally, in addition to enjoying a long week-end with my husband's side of the family on the Cape, I'll be running the Johnny Kelley half marathon this Sunday with my sister-in law and running buddy, KH. In the earlier part of this week I was not so sure I would be able to pull this off, but after my cortisone injection I'm feeling grrrrreeeeeat!  Ah, the power of medicine.  Okay, this might be wishful thinking, but we've run this race for several years and we always have a good time, so there's that.

Make sure to tune in to RWM next week as I'll be giving away a pair of Yurbuds Inspire Pro headphones as well as profiling another musician for the RUNNERSWHOROCK series.  So much good stuff!

Have a stellar week-end.  Don't forget to hug your kids, mom, friend, dog...whoever.  Hugs are nice.

Listen to this:
No Rest For The Wicked - Lykke Li  

No comments:

Post a Comment