Sunday, December 25, 2016

2016: THE YEAR IN REVIEW

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us."
~ Hal Borland


Dear RWM Readers,
Once again, I can't thank you enough for joining me for yet another crazy year.  My first post in this blog was on September 11, 2011.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd still be sharing my stories with you five years later.  It's such a treat for me to connect with you through this medium; something I look forward to day in and day out.  I can only hope that you get as much out of it on your end as I do on mine.  I have to say that wrapping up another year is very bittersweet for me.  I love looking back on all the memories; the moments that made me laugh, helped me grow, freaked me out (both in good ways and bad), inspired me and ultimately kept me going and got me through.  But, at the same time I'm a little sad.  Sad that Rosie and Grace are another year older.  Sad that my high school XC season is over and that my athletes are moving on to their next adventure.  Essentially, just sad that time is literally flying and that I can't do anything to slow it down.  I had some pretty incredible experiences over the past twelve months.  Three marathons, two summer camps (one as a camper, one a counselor) and a State Championship, to name a few.  I also had my fair share of challenges.  Some that I managed to overcome.  Others that I'm still dealing with on a daily basis.  But that's what it's all about, right?  These are the things that make it all worthwhile.  The things that shape us and make us who we are.  And in the end, all that matters is this....that 2016 was a fulfilling, exciting and insanely rewarding year for me as a mom, a coach and an athlete.  Which it was.  Lucky me.  Happy New Year to all of you.  See you on the flip side.

Rock on,






RWM 2016
JANUARY
Rosie (11) & Grace (9) in FSC race mode
ALBUM:HOW HARD I TRY - FILOUS
SONG:1000 FORMS OF FEAR - SIA

FEBRUARY
ALBUM:NEW KINGDOM - GIVERS
SONG:ANXIOUS ANIMAL - SYVIA

MARCH
#teambacon
ALBUM:PHASE - JACK GARRATT
SONG:QUARKES - SKYES

APRIL
#TEAMCRON
ALBUM:WINTERSLEEP - THE GREAT DETACHMENT
SONG:FREE - BROODS

MAY
LHS TRACK & FIELD 
2016 MIDDLESEX LEAGUE MEET CHAMPS
ALBUM:OPUS ORANGE - ANATOMIC
SONG:BORN READY - DISCO FRIES

JUNE
ALBUM:SANTIGOLD - 99 CENTS
SONG:FIREPROOF - COLEMAN HELL

JULY
SUMMER VACATION
ALBUM:CONSCIOUS - BROODS
SONG:WOW - BECK

AUGUST
ALBUM:CLEVER DISGUISE (EP) - GORDI
SONG:FOLLOW THE LEADER - WAYARERS

SEPTEMBER
FIRST LHS XC RACE OF THE SEASON
ALBUM:THE LOVE THAT REMAINS - SAVOIR ADORE
SONG:LAID LOW - THE NAKED AND FAMOUS

OCTOBER
ALBUM:GROUPLOVE - BIG MESS
SONG:IT'S JUST US NOW - SLEIGH BELLS

NOVEMBER
ALBUM:THREE - PHANTOGRAM
SONG:KIDS CONSPIRE - ROYAL TEETH

DECEMBER
ROSIE IS XCEL SILVER JUNIOR A DIVISION 
ALL AROUND CHAMP
ALBUM:TRUST - FLUME
SONG:KIDS CONSPIRE - ROYAL TEETH


🎶 RWM DAILY SONGS 2016 ðŸŽ¶

1 comment: