Friday, December 16, 2022

2022 A YEAR IN REVIEW

 "The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all."
~ Josiyah Martin


Dear RWM Readers,

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone who followed along on my journey again this year.  With Covid somewhat behind us, life got back to normal in many ways or perhaps we got into our groove of whatever the new normal is and found a rhythm there as well.  Not gonna lie, it was a heck of a year.  Rosie and Grace entered Senior and Sophomore year in high school which, as you can imagine, completely blows my mind.  We started and have officially ended the college process with Rosie who is now waiting to hear back from all of the schools she applied to.  That was a hell of a challenge for both of us, but mostly for her.  And she handled it beautifully.  Grace ran cross country this fall and successfully knocked two minutes off of her 5K time by the end of her season.  If you ask her today, she'll tell you she still hates running and does it purely for the social.  I know, however, there is a small part of her that enjoys the challenge even if it's not while she's running but when she's done and reflects on her effort and what she has accomplished.  Stay tuned on this one.  I think the passion is rising, albeit slowly, and I will obviously be reporting back.  That said, I will say nothing at all that puts pressure on Grace or to indicate how thrilled I am that she is running because that would be very not cool of me and I need really to be the chill mom on this one.  The Lex ladies absolutely slayed as usual both in track & field this past spring and in XC this fall and are continuing to build on that now as winter track begins.  Not a day goes by that I don't realize how lucky I am to be a coach for this incredible group of humans.  And, last but not least, I was able to squeeze 11 races in this year.  Two marathons, two halves, two 10ks, a 5k and a sprinkling of other random distances.  I had an absolute blast in both my training and my racing as I really just embraced each moment for what it was and gave everything I had for that particular day with the main goal across the board being to have fun and not take competing too seriously.  I ran personal bests in everything from the 5k to the marathon at the spritely age of 47 so I must have done something right.  I'm super grateful to my coach and teammates who have supported me along the way as I know I wouldn't have gotten to this next level on my own.  And, of course, to my family who never questions my crazy and always has my back.  I hope all of you had some experiences this year that brought you joy and perhaps changed you for the better.  Best wishes as you embark on this next year.  May we all have another wild, crazy and wonderful ride. 

All the best,



RUNNING WITH MUSIC 2022

JANUARY
Ran the Super Sunday 4 Miler. By far the coldest I've ever been while racing.

JANUARY ALBUM:OMG I MADE IT - PRONOUN
JANUARY SONG:STEPPED ON A BEE - MISTERWIVES

FEBRUARY
Grace turned 15 and remained sassy

FEBRUARY ALBUM:DEADPAN LOVE - CAUTIOUS CLAY
FEBRUARY SONG:SURVIVE VHS COLLECTION

MARCH
New Bedford 13.1 & new half PR & yes I look like I am going to puke.

MARCH ALBUM:LP3 - HIPPO CAMPUS
MARCH SONG:NEXT TO ME - JIM-E STACK

APRIL
Cheap Marathon & new marathon PR which I owe to a stranger with licorice.

APRIL ALBUM:PAINLESS - NILUFER YANYA
APRIL SONG:TIEBREAKER - THE HEAD AND THE HEART

MAY
LEXINGTON HIGH SCHOOL Middlesex League Champs

MAY ALBUM:GIVING THE WORLD AWAY - HATCHIE
MAY SONG:BIGGER LOVE - MILKE & BONE

JULY
BAA10K & new 10K PR & came very close to puking

JUNE ALBUM:INSIDE OUT - TOURIST
JUNE SONG:TURNED UP - MIKE POSNER

JULY
Cape Cod & hottest summer on record which was super fun for marathon training

JULY ALBUM:SHAPE & FORM - TWO FEET
JULY SONG:THUNDER - JAGUAR SUN

AUGUST
Falmouth Road Race & no PR but, again, very close to puking

AUGUST ALBUM:ALL WE'VE EVER KNOWN - JAGUAR SUN
AUGUST SONG:EVERY NIGHT - FLOR

SEPTEMBER
First day of school #sniff

SEPTEMBER ALBUM:FORMENTERA - METRIC
SEPTMEBER SONG:LIFT OFF - LABRINTH

OCTOBER
Chicago Marathon w/ my girl CB

OCTOBER ALBUM:COOL IT DOWN - YEAH YEAH YEAHS
OCTOBER SONG:BEEP - M.I.A.

NOVEMBER
Rosie turns 18 and the girls agree to take a photo with me

NOVEMBER:CRYBABY - TEGAN & SARA
NOVEMBER SONG:WATCH HER GO - BIEN

DECEMBER
MILL CITIES RELAY - TEAM CHAMP & last race of the 2022

JANUARY ALBUM:NO RULES SANDY - SYLVAN ESSO
JANUARY SONG:GRATEFUL - MARTIN LUKE BROWN


Listen to these:
RWM SONGS OF THE MONTH 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment