Wednesday, December 4, 2013
TOP 5 REASONS to Purchase New Running Gear During the Holidays:
1. It's cold and you can no longer get away with holes in your socks.
2. Your tights from last year aren't meant to be see through.
3. Nothing fits right because it didn't fit right last year and you didn't deal.
4. You need a new watch to keep pace with the chaos of the season.
5. You and Santa had a falling out and you're not sure whether he's forgiven you.
Okay fine, maybe you just want them. That's okay, too.
TOP 5 REASONS to Listen to Good Music During the Holidays:
1. You're going caroling and you need some inspiration.
2. You will be spending an insane amount of time wrapping presents and you want to take your mind off of all the cutting and taping by rocking out.
3. You have a holiday party to go to and you want to sharpen up your dance moves.
4. You have a holiday party to host and you don't want to play the same old thing.
5. Wait, really? Do you really need a reason for this?
Go ahead. Wear sequins. Drink eggnog. Belt it out. GET FESTIVE. Anything goes during this season of never-ending joy. Here's some goodies to liven up your spirit.
Listen to these:
Sam Smith - Money on My Mind
Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood
The Man I Need - Jagwar ma
Jennifer - Little Comets
Sunday, December 1, 2013
'Tis the season, folks. December is yet another big one. Particularly for the wee ones. My monthly "to-do" list is long and multi-layered. And, yes, most of it is holiday related. Ho ho ho. I have just learned that the lego sets that have been on my girls' lists for several months are no longer a hot ticket item. Total bummer seeing as I'd already let the big man know about them and gone so far as to purchase them myself knowing he would pay me back. So much for being on the ball. Though my kids would beg to differ, there is more to this month than Christmas. My local running group has a 5K on the books that we'll be trying to win as a team...for best costume. My family will start trekking up to Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire every week-end to ski; my 9 year old downhill racing for the first time this season (deep breaths). And, as always, I will continue to dig around for good music. Though, I can not tell a lie, I am a sucker for Nat King Cole in December. So, to all of you, regardless of what and/or how you celebrate this month, if at all, may you enjoy it as much as my 6 year old does....which is typically a lot. Merry Everything!
December 'To-Do' List
1. Several holiday related items including, but not limited to:
- purchase & trim our tree
- shop for Christmas gifts
- stress out and panic when my kids change their minds
- decorate the house with holiday tchotchkes (we have MANY)
3. Head up to New Hampshire for the start of our ski season at Cannon.
4. Build a snowman and get some sledding in with my kids (weather permitting).
5. Go cheer on my LHS ladies at an indoor track meet.
6. Eat a ridiculous amount of gingerbread products.
7. Host our neighborhood Christmas party.
8. Enjoy the long break from school, work, & routine between Christmas & New Years.
9. Spend some quality time with my husband's side of the family during the break; a total of 5 kids (ages 6-12), 6 adults, 2 dogs, and 2 guinea pigs when we're all together.
10. Rock around the Christmas tree with the December music of the month.
Mesmerise - Temples
Matangi - M.I.A.
AND (I couldn't resist)
A Very She & Him Christmas - She & Him
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Listen to this:
Monday, November 25, 2013
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
~ Winston Churchill
I WANT TO GIVE YOU THIS...
Hydration is critical during these holiday months for a plethora of reasons. NUUN will support you all the way through. Many thanks to all of you who read this blog and give me your time and attention, your thoughts and feedback, and a reason to keep writing and sharing day after day. I am so grateful.
To enter, comment below. Tell us what you are thankful for. Or, tell us what or how you recently gave. Bottom line, tell us a story about thanks or giving. The winner will be chosen via random.org on Saturday, November 30th. A huge thanks to NUUN for providing this fantastic treat. Winner can pick a 4 pack of any flavor (excluding watermelon and banana). Contest is for US residents only.
Listen to this:
All the Days - Haerts