Sunday, September 11, 2011

No Music?

As an athlete, I often have humbling experiences and today was one of them...I decided to tempt fate at a sprint triathlon.  As a runner, mixing the swimming and biking into a race proved quite challenging.  Clearly it's not possible to listen to music for all events.  For someone like myself who thrives on the tempo of music, this can be a slight bummer.  What I realized today is that it is still possible to rock it out.  I chose those couple of songs that tend to get me to the next level and grooved in my head as I took in the scenery, the people and the thrill of it all.  Basically, what it comes down to is that the music we love is always available with or without headphones.

Listen to this: (give it time, it's a slow build to awesomeness)
Where Do I Begin - The Chemical Brothers Dig Your Own Hole - The Chemical Brothers
*this one is dedicated to KH who totally blew me away today by her strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment