Sunday, November 6, 2011

CONGRATS NYC MARATHON RUNNERS!

A huge congratulations to all the NYC Marathon runners who finished today.  Most of us know how much time and energy go into training for a marathon.  It is a huge commitment both physically and mentally.  To run 26.2 miles in accomplishment unlike any other.  As a runner and a music lover, I particularly liked this quote from Molly Pritz, today's first US woman to cross the finish line, when asked about whether she was worried if she'd be out there running on her own.

"I really don't care if I'm in a group or not. I've trained to run my own pace, and that's what I plan to do. I've got a bunch of secret songs I'll hum to myself to maintain my pace. I have a different one for each of my different paces. I just hum the chorus lines over and over."  


This statement reaffirms my feeling that music will always carry us when we need it.  And that is so cool.

Listen to this:
Lions in Cages - Wolf Gang   Lions In Cages - Wolf Gang - EP

No comments:

Post a Comment