Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Slow Down and Be Grateful

In November, the gears tend to shift a bit.  Daylight savings hits and throws me for a loop as the days grow shorter so quickly.  Then, the holiday decorations come out in full force and immediately stress me out as I start to think about how much I need to get done in the next couple months.  This month, I'm going to make every effort to slow things down...easier said, than done.  I'd really like to take this month to just be grateful.  For my family, my friends, my neighbors, my legs, my iPod...the list goes on and on.  Yes, I know the cheese factor is high, here.  But I need to remind myself of all of these things as the chaos starts to swirl.  This afternoon I listened as the girls I coach huddled at the starting line for their league meet.  One of them said to her teammates, "we love to run, and we love this team, so we should just be happy." And then they were off, and they were all smiling.  I am so grateful for that moment.


Listen to this:
Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs   Steady As She Goes - Broken Boy Soldiers

No comments:

Post a Comment