Top 10 Reasons Why Rosie and I love the Month of December
(~ with my comments underneath)
1. It usually snows. (Rosie)
~ I, too, love the snow... for skiing. As a runner, not so much.
2. It's Christmas time. (Rosie and Mom)
~ We both love this holiday!
3. We get to celebrate my birthday. (Rosie)
~ Her official birthday is in November. But the actual party is usually in December. This tends to draw the celebration out for at least a week or more. She loves this. I do too...really.
4. I get to dress up in costume and run the Winter Classic 5K with friends. (Mom)
~ Still working on my candy cane look. Anyone know where I can get red and white striped knee socks?
5. We get to see our cousins from NYC. (Rosie)
~ SO much fun for them. TOTAL chaos for us. But, it's all good.
6. I get to go see AWOLNATION at the House of Blues in Boston. (Mom)
~ Rosie is asking if she can come with me. Think she'd like to crowd surf?
7. We get a nice long break from school. (Rosie)
~ As a mom, I love this. As a runner, not so much.
8. Two words...Christmas music. (Rosie & Mom)
~ She loves the classics like Christmas Song by Alvin and the Chipmunks. I like seeing which current bands break out in holiday cheer. (See December "Music of the Month" above).
9. Grace and I have our ballet recitals. (Rosie)
~ This year, Rosie and Grace are dancing in two separate shows. Rosie is thrilled that she'll get to see Grace. My husband and I are THRILLED that we get to go to both shows.
10. Blow Ups!!! (Rosie & Mom)
~ We both love them! Everything about them. Their size, their ridiculousness and their awesomeness. We always try and find as many as possible. The below Santa is a first for us!
|Ho, Ho, Ho!|
Listen to this:
Holidays Rule - Various Artists
~ includes some RWM favorites such as the Shins, Heartless Bastards, Fruit Bats & Calexico