Monday, September 23, 2013

REVIEW: ROCK RUN ROLL

I run with music.  I have two iPods and I often carry both on the road.  I have playlists beyond playlists.  All that said, I am always on the lookout for other ways to spice up a workout or long run.  I've experimented with BPM using the TrailMix App - awesome.  I've listened to a book via mp3 (aka "book on tape") - not as awesome, but still better than silence.  I've tried LOTS of things and yet none have truly excited or motivated me like my own music does. Enter Rock Run Roll.  This company recently reached out and asked me to check out their audio workouts.  I was instantly intrigued.  The various training sessions are designed by a team of coaches who collaborated with the Rock Run Roll deejay to create workouts that are tailored specifically to your ability level - beginner to expert and everything in between.  Whether your goal is to start running, to improve your performance or simply to kill the boredom of the treadmill, Rock Run Roll has you covered.  Each workout has a personal coach who guides you through the program with the ultimate goal being to give you a solid, effective workout while keeping things fun and interesting.  The workouts have different themes such as Africa Run, where you'll find yourself running through the plains alongside zebras with a Masai guide giving you personal motivation or The Space Run workout where you'll be blasting off into the netherlands of space for your workout.  Tell me you haven't always wanted to do this?  Okay, it's more likely, you haven't thought about doing it because it's not really an option to run in the desert or on the moon.  It is now - in a way.


Seriously, this is something totally different and I highly recommend that you go check it out.  If your interest is piqued, go ahead and download the free demo (no credit card required) .   Next time you lace up, why not take yourself on a running adventure.  Rock, Run & Roll!

Listen to this:
Generals - The Mynabirds  

No comments:

Post a Comment