Monday, February 18, 2013

A Few Things Worth Sharing

RUNNING...
This week is our winter break and we're in NH skiing and, in my case, tapering.  Um, what?  Clearly, the timing is not ideal as it's a bit tricky to sit back, relax and embrace the vacation when I know I have a marathon at the end of the week.  It's my own fault for choosing this particular marathon.  Note to self - no more marathons during vacation weeks.  Anyhoo, I'm going to make this quick as I'm really trying to 'check out' this week and just focus on my family.  So, here are a couple things that are worth sharing and then I'm signing off for a bit.  See you on the flip side.

First, congratulations to Anne. W who won the Janji giveaway.
Anne WFebruary 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM
-->I think a racerback tank would be great :) Such a cool organization and a great way to raise awareness and start people thinking about helping others!
Yes, Anne, yes it is.  Enjoy your new 'Haiti' shirt and Janji water bottle.  Thanks again to Dave at Janji for letting me highlight the company and donating the great prize.  Keep these guys on your radar as they are doing such good work and, as they let Anne know, they have a running tank in the pipeline that, I'm sure, will be a sweet piece.

Second, consider sending a note or making a call to a friend to let them know how much you appreciate them.  Yesterday, I got a text from my friend Jackie R. that said only, "You are the best".  First, I thought he had mistakenly sent it to me and meant it for someone else and then I thought perhaps it was in response to my "Thank You" post.  It was neither of those.  "I was just thinking of you and wanted to write and let you know" he said.  He asked how the break was going and I told him it was good so far but hard to truly enjoy with the marathon on the horizon.  His response, "You are an amazing person and a great runner.  You know this.  Running is you and you are great."  Not only is this one of the nicest things someone has ever said to me but it boosted my mental state about 150%.  I know I'll be replaying this note in my head throughout all 26.2 miles next Sunday. Huge impact in just 5 short minutes.  Amazing.

...AND MUSIC.

Third, take some time with this self-titled album by the The Epochs.  It's not new (2010), but I just discovered them on Pandora, so it's new for me.  I'm really digging it.  I think you will, too.

Listen to this:
The Epochs - The Epochs The Epochs - The Epochs



And that's it. Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment