Friday, June 28, 2013

As We Run

RUNNING...

"As we run, we become." 
~ Amby Burfoot


Yesterday, I dug up the above quote on About.com.  Picture, if you will, the heavens opening, the bright light shining down from above and the boom of the 'Hallelujah' chorus playing in the background.  That was the kind of moment I had.  This quote really sums it all up for me.  It's so simple.  So true.  So perfect.  It made me want to high-five someone...anyone.  I was by myself, so there was no high-five.  Okay, I might have put a fist in the air and thrown out a "YES".   Who better than Amby Burfoot; someone who has lived it, seen it, and talked about it (and continues to do all of those things), to put into words something that often feels difficult to explain but at the same time makes total sense.  And really, you don't have to be a runner to appreciate this quote.  Because whatever it is that you do, that you love, that is what you become.  For me, it's running.  As I run, I become...

happy
healthy
strong
ready
calm
excited
giddy
reflective
pensive
hungry
powerful
fearless
in touch
out of touch
a rock star
a warrior
better
ME  

As we run, we become. Period.  Many thanks to Mr. Burfoot for wrapping it up so nicely.  

...AND MUSIC

Listen to this:
Silver Lining - Guards  Silver Lining - In Guards We Trust (Deluxe Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment