Monday, July 22, 2013

Showing Her Wings (& Oiselle Winner)

RUNNING (sort of)...


Rosie & her buddy, Ellie, right before their send-off to camp.
Since she could walk, my 8 year old has always been in a state of constant motion.  If I had half the energy she exudes on a daily basis, I'd be breaking records on the track.  It's incredible.  I love to be near it.  I love that she doesn't even realize she has it.  I don't always love it when she needs to focus on homework or get to bed.  I know that her energy is a big part of who she is and that one day she will channel it all into something wonderful.  Right now uses it to do cartwheels ... everywhere ... nonstop.  No, seriously.  Since October, she has been counting down the days until she left for sleep away camp this summer.  On Saturday, we dropped her off at a boat landing where a ferry shuttled her and a handful of other kids of all ages over to a small island on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH.

Headed down to the ferry. WINGS OUT.
For 2 weeks, she will be running wild, having the time of her life, and maybe brushing her hair, although not likely.  For her, it's a dream come true.  It is the perfect setting for her to do what she loves; day in and day out.  To discover herself.  To spread her wings.  To be free.  As I mentioned last week, I get that feeling almost every time I race.  She will get that feeling every day she wakes up this week and heads off to try something new.  How cool is that?  As she was pulling away from the dock she gave me one last wave.  And then off she flew.


OISELLE "SHOW YOUR WINGS" WINNER:
Speaking of spreading ones wings, congrats to Leah F. the winner of the "Wings Out" PR Necklace made by Melissa Gacek for Oiselle.  Best of luck as you train for your first marathon.  I hope you have a wonderful flight!  Many thanks to Oiselle for donating this inspirational piece.

...AND MUSIC

Listen to this:
Loveliest Creature - Savoir Adore  
Loveliest Creature - Our Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment