Saturday, December 7, 2013

Friends, Gingerbread, Smiles, etc.

"DO YOU REALIZE??"
~ Flaming Lips

I have had several valuable realizations this week.  Some more significant than others.  But all worth sharing.  I'll cut right to the chase here.


1. Running is so much better with a buddy (at least for me).  Though my running partner and I have trained and raced together in the past, lately our schedules have shifted and our training plans have gone in different directions.  Sadly, we haven't been able to get out together for a few weeks other than the occasional one-off.  Somehow, we managed to run together 3 times this week and it was such a pleasure to be out with her again.  I love listening to music when I run.  But I like chatting with a friend even more.


2. Though I enjoy most gingerbread products, both edible and non-edible, I do NOT like Gingerbread lattes and was slightly devastated when I realized, despite my best efforts, that I couldn't finish this so-called holiday treat.  Nothing like pouring money down the drain.  Literally.  Moving forward, I will stick with the basics ie. gingersnaps and scented candles.


3. Just when I thought they couldn't possibly make running shoes any cooler, Saucony does it again with the Ride 6 ViZiGLO.  These puppies glow in the dark.  And they are ridiculously badass looking.  Just...wow.


4. Pandora is good.  Pandora One is amazing.  For a mere $3.99 a month (which is less than a gingerbread latte, dammit), you can get all the music YOU want, anywhere, anytime.  No ads.  No crap.  It is the ultimate personal music system at your fingertips.  Why not treat yourself this holiday season?  In this case, a little does indeed go a long way.


5. And last, but not least, more often than not, when you smile at someone, they smile back.  I have been making a conscious effort to do this more.  It's so simple. Yet so nice.  And the nice part tends to spread, in a good way.  As my friend KH said to me yesterday, "I'm realizing that life doesn't need to be taken so seriously all the time.  I am trying really hard to smile and laugh more."  I think she might be on to something.


Listen to this:
Faith - I Break Horses  
Note: 'I Break Horses' is set to release their latest album on 1/20.  Oh boy.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you'll be adding to your shoe collection soon, or perhaps someone else will (maybe it's on your list?) We listen to Pandora so much that Pandora is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say Pandora One is well worth it, obviously.... you can fix that and delete this addendum if you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete