Saturday, December 21, 2013

Merry Everything


Tomorrow we are headed to Cape Cod to spend Christmas with my husband's side of the family.  In all, there will be 6 adults, 5 kids (ages 12-6), 2 dogs, and 2 guinea pigs.  Translation: total chaos.  But it's all good.  It's happy chaos.  I am signing off for a few days as my list of 'to-do's before Santa arrives is long and will likely be pretty time consuming.  And so, fellow runners and music junkies, I will leave you with my top 5 albums and songs of 2013, in no particular order.  It took me more time than I'd like to admit to compile this list but it's only because it was really hard for me to narrow it down.  For a music fan, it's not a bad problem to have.  Not to worry, I am still working on the RWM Readers' Best of 2013 music list which, thanks to your contributions, is lengthy and deliciously diverse.  That one I'll post after the holiday dust has settled. (note: there is still time to chime in on this. Click here)  Until then, here is a little something to sink your teeth into as you forge ahead through the holiday madness.  Eat, drink, be merry and rock on.

RWM Best of 2013 - ALBUMS
Reflektor - Arcade Fire  
Pure Heroine - Lorde  
Bitter Rivals - Sleigh Bells  
Bigfoot - Cayucas  
In Rolling Waves - The Naked & Famous  
Honorable Mention:
Secondhand Rapture - MS MR  


RWM Best of 2013 - SONGS
Here Comes the Night Time - Arcade Fire  
Burn - Ellie Goulding  
We Sink - Chvches  
A Stillness - The Naked & Famous  
Riptide - Vance Joy  
Honorable Mention:
Faith - I Break Horses  

1 comment: