Friday, September 19, 2014

LACKING SLEEP, NOT MUSIC

Sleeping on the job. Busted by my neighbor.
Between our new puppy, who still gets up in the middle of the night to pee, and my 9 year old who is suffering with allergies and has a brutal cough, I can't seem to get ahead of the eight ball in the sleep department since the RTB relay.  Confession: I went to bed before my kids on Wednesday night.  Grace is 7, so... yeah.  Oh well.  It is what it is.  The bummer, though, is that I'm still in the throws of marathon training and the next couple weeks, in particular, are far and away the most critical.  It always happens this way, doesn't it?  In the end, the mom role, trumps the marathon role, so I'm just keeping my head down, plowing on and doing the best that I can on whatever sleep I can get.  Even if it is a 5 minute snooze in my car as my kids are packing up for school (see photo). As long as it's followed by a second or third cup of coffee, I'm usually all good.  Somehow, despite my high level of exhaustion and my many balls in the air, I have still managed to dig up a s**tload of good, new music.  We all have our priorities, right?  Music gets me fired up both for running and for simply getting out the door in the morning.  New music takes it to the next level.  Turn up the volume and throw in some dance moves and I'm ready to roll.  Sleep?  It's overrated.  Music?  I can never get enough.  Happy Friday.  Rock on.

WAKE UP & KEEP DREAMING


All of You - Betty Who  
Celeste - Ezra Vine  
Cadillac, Cadillac - Train  
All Over - Cruisr  
Inferno (feat. Lizzie Plapinger) - Sir Sly 
Out of My Mind - The Madden Brothers  
Leave it Alone - White Arrows  
Class Historian - Broncho  

2 comments:

  1. Seriously good tracks on this playlist. Nice work. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete