Tuesday, March 3, 2015

MARCHING ON


They say March comes in like a lion.  I'm going to go ahead and agree with that given that we got 4 inches of fresh snow here in the Boston area on Monday.  On top of that, I got slapped with the flu.  Good, good times.  I haven't had the flu in so long that I'd forgotten how badly it takes you down.  It hurts to move, to touch, to be touched, basically to function, which is super inconvenient.  As I write, I'm in one of those Tylenol-induced states where the fever has subsided but I find myself talking to the dogs as if they can answer me and shuffling from room to room like a granny (no offense, Agnes). Okay, so enough of that.  It's March.  Hallelujah!!  For such a short month, February felt really freaking long.  Between the 100+ inches of snow, the relentless sub-zero temps and the 6 days off from school, I was getting very close to losing it.  And, I don't think I'm alone in this.  But, we made it through.  High fives all around.  Don't get me wrong, I realize we probably have several more weeks of winter-like conditions ahead of us, but there is now a light at the end of the tunnel, it is officially spring this month and warmer temps could be within reach.  I'm not talking 50s & 60s, I'm talking 30s and maybe some low 40s?  Maybe??  Anyway, it's a big month for me.  The LHS track season gets underway mid-month, I'll finally be running a half marathon (in lieu of the the 2 I'd signed up for in February that were both canceled because of the snow), and our ski season is winding down, which is always a little bittersweet.  Although, this year, more than most, I'm pretty ready to shift gears.  So, here's to March; to longer days, to seeing friends and neighbors whom we haven't seen in months, and to spring.  Bring.  It.  On.

MARCH TO-DOs:
~ Begin our LHS spring track track season on 3/16.  I do wonder when we'll be getting on the track but that is besides the point.
~ Race the Run for the Border Half in Portsmouth NH assuming I'm healthy and we don't get another blizzard.
~ Bake with Grace using the new (and improved) Easy Bake Oven that she got for her birthday.  Yep, just like the old one.  Thank you, Aunt Courtney.
~ Cheer Rosie on in her last ski race of the season.
~ Hang with my parents who are coming up from Florida for the first time to visit us in NH and watch the girls ski.  Yes, I did warn them of the cold temps.  Might be their last visit.
~ Register for the Mohawk Hudson Marathon which I'll be doing again this October.
~ Pray for warm(er) weather.
~ Get healthy and stay healthy.
~ Listen to good music.

MARCH MUSIC OF THE MONTH


SONG:
GET BEHIND THIS - FLOR*

*Note : you can download their entire 4 song EP on Soundcloud at the moment.  Hurry. Go.

ALBUM:
OUR OWN HOUSE - MisterWives*
NOTE: This EP gives you a good taste of the full album which is available for purchase on iTunes.

AND...

** Congrats to John P. and Mary Z., winners of the Yurbuds headphones.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment