Monday, December 27, 2021

2021 YEAR IN REVIEW

 

Dear RWM Readers,
It was yet another year that I, and probably many of us, am relieved to have gotten through.  I wasn't fooling myself at the end 2020.  I knew 2021 would continue to be challenging, different and tricky to navigate.  And it was.  But, it also got notably better.  The vaccine became available to most and life slowly began to open back up to normal; albeit the new normal.  High school sports came back in the spring, road races started to take place again, school opened up in the fall for all students.  And thankfully life, as we know it, continued on with lots of pretty incredible things happening despite the fact that we were still living with some significant restrictions.  If I'm being honest, I wasn't sure if I'd continue writing and posting to RWM when they year began.  There are so many bigger, more pressing issues that people need to deal with, I thought, why bother with the mundane stories about running, music and whatever else was on my mind.  In the end, though, I suppose I realized that this blog is as much for me as it is for those who read it.  It has become a way to process experiences, discuss them, evaluate them and ultimately move on from them; regardless of whether they were good or bad.  I need that in my life.  Who doesn't?  I have a made a lot of connections through this blog and I am so grateful for this.  They have become invaluable to me.  And if you've read something here and been able to relate, learn or grow from it, than I am grateful for that, too.  The past couple years have been all about connection.  In whatever way possible.  Anything to make us feel like someone else is there, listening and maybe even going through the same thing.  So for that reason alone,  I will forge ahead.  As always, thanks for coming along for the ride in whatever way that you do.  As my dear friend Becca likes to say, stay on top, my friends.  See you in 2022!

All the best, 


RUNNING WITH MUSIC 2021

JANUARY
Completed the BITR January Winter Grit Challenge. Ran 300 miles. For fun.

JANUARY ALBUM:ARTERIES - SOPHIE BLAIR
JANUARY SONG:FEELS RIGHT - BIIG PIIG

FEBRUARY
This hot shot turned 14

FEBRUARY SONG:BLACK COFFEE - NEVER GONNA FORGET
FEBRUARY ALBUM:LOVE IS THE KING - JEFF TWEEDY

MARCH
Got my first vaccine

MARCH SONG:THE GREAT DIVIDE - THE SHINS
MARCH ALBUM:BAD BOOKS - MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA

APRIL
Ran yet another 3:00:XX marathon 
(31 seconds in case you were wondering)

APRIL SONG:YOU CAN GET IT - ARKELLS, K. FLAY
ALBUM:THIS IS THIS - GROUPLOVE

MAY
Lex Women's track took 1st at the EMASS Div 1 Relays

MAY SONG:GET READY - NIGHT PANDA FT. BEGINNERS
MAY ALBUM:THE RISE & FALL OF LOVERBOY - SIR SLY

JUNE
Broke the elusive 19 min barrier in the 5k (18:27)

JUNE SONG:FORGOTTEN SOULS - MOTHER MOTHER
JUNE ALBUM:THE MILLION MASKS OF GOD - MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA

JULY
Lex Women's 4x400 took 4th in the country at Nationals

JULY SONG:RARARA - MATT & KIM
JULY ALBUM:ARE WE? - SLENDERBODIES

AUGUST
Ran my first Falmouth Road Race

AUGUST SONG:LOCUST LACED - SLEIGH BELLS
AUGUST ALBUM: BURNDERS - BRONZE RADIO RETURN

SEPTEMBER
Both my girls were finally in high school & both going full time. Praise be.

SEPTEMBER SONG:ELLA - TWO FEET
SEPT ALBUM:HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT'S GONNA LAST - BIG RED MACHINE

OCTOBER
Ran the Boston Marathon, my 27th

OCTOBER SONG:GUERILLA - REMI WOLF
OCTOBER ALBUM:TEXIS - SLEIGH BELLS

NOVEMBER
This cool cat turned 17

NOVEMBER SONG:SOUND THE ALARMS!!!1! - PROUNOUN
NOVEMBER ALBUM:MADONNA - TRUE BLUE (35TH EDITION)

DECEMBER
Ran the Mill Cities Relay with the Whirlaway ladies

DECEMBER SONG:THIS IS LIFE - LUMINEERS
DECEMBER ALBUM:JUNO - REMI WOLF

Listen to these:
RWM DAILY SONGS 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment