I sat down to write yesterday and within five minutes I found myself gazing out the window staring at, well, nothing. I was pleasantly spacing out. My teammate and I had just completed our fourth of five long runs that morning and I was hoping to get a post up before school pick-up at three. Clearly, it didn't happen. Throughout the day all I could really think about was how tired I was and how I was going to make it until 9:00 pm (yes, that's what time I go to bed lately). Fortunately, this gave me something to write about, despite the fact that I couldn't muster up the energy to do it until the today. Better late than never, right?
Top 5 Signs That I Am Beyond Tired:
1. As I was showering, I seriously considered sitting and/or lying down for just a "few minutes". I didn't, but I really wanted to.
2. I found myself excited for my my dentist appointment because it gave me a valid excuse to lie down in a ridiculously comfortable chair for thirty minutes.
3. By the time my meeting with the director of my daughters' school was over, I was curled up in a ball in her chair with my jacket over me like a blanket. Fortunately, she knows I'm training and didn't question this.
4. As I was walking my dog toward our usual trail, I took an unexpected turn toward Starbucks instead. I didn't seem to have any control over this decision and I was okay with that. My dog was confused.
5. Each time I walked into my room, my bed looked as if it was smiling at me. I might have said, "stop doing that"; I'm not 100% sure.
Four down, one to go. We are finally seeing the light at the end of this very long tunnel. Hallelujah.
Listen to this:
Pressure Zone - Beck