Sunday, April 15, 2012

Boston or Bust!

Best of luck to all the Boston Marathon runners.  Before your race tomorrow, perhaps take a minute to pause and reflect.  With the 10:00 am start, there is ample time for this; as your riding on the bus, waiting in line for the port-o-potty, then waiting in line again, taping up your feet, whatever.  Pat yourself on the back for making it to the starting line as that, in itself, is no small feat.  Then, if you're up for it, pat someone else on the back and tell them good luck.  This will send both of you off feeling good.  Because the bottom line is, you're both pretty bad-ass.  The weatherman tells us it's going to be warmer tomorrow than usual.  Not ideal.  As mentioned recently, the running gods don't always make it easy for us.  My advice is to eat a popsicle or drink an icee (you know, the ones from 7-11) before you go.  It will help to bring your body temperature down a bit which then might help ward off the heat for a little while.  I can't take credit for this tip as I read it somewhere, but I don't remember the source, so I'm just going to steal it today.  I won't deny that I'm not a little sad that I won't be in Hopkinton at the start tomorrow as I've been there for the past few years. The Boston experience is like no other; incredibly emotional and always very moving for so many reasons.  But, I will be watching along with so many others, and hoping for the best for all of you.  GODSPEED!

Listen to this:
Beck - Sexx Laws  Sexx Laws - Midnite Vultures
&
Break It Down Again - Tears for Fears  Break It Down Again - Shout - The Very Best of Tears for Fears

No comments:

Post a Comment