Monday, April 30, 2012

Nerves

I'm continuously in awe of the brain and what it's capable of.  My eyes flew open at 5:45 this morning and I was unable to go back to sleep.  So this is how my week is going to be, I thought to myself.  I decided I might as well get up and start writing down the "to-do" list that I began to create in my head last night; the one that kept my mind spinning and crushed my hopes of falling asleep.  This Sunday, after four long months of training, my running teammate and I will be tackling the Providence marathon.  Incredibly, my brain can already sense the stress, the excitement, the fear; a solid week before the actual race.  Oh boy.  After multiple (unneeded) cups of coffee, I hopped on my computer and found an email from my teammate sent at 7:30am.  She dreamed that her bib for the marathon was stolen and she could only run bandit so her time wouldn't be official. " Yep", I said to no one in particular, "I get it".  And I felt bad for her, but at the same time I took comfort in the fact that she is going through the same thing I am.  The nerves have officially kicked in and my brain and I are on a perpetual playdate until Sunday.  Awesome.  I do love running, I do love running, I do love running.

Listen to this:*
A Little Less Conversation (JXL Remix) - Elvis Presley   A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) - Elvis: 30 #1 Hits

* This one is for you, KH

No comments:

Post a Comment