Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Hairy Tortoise

My daughter and I have been reading The Really Groovy Story of the Tortoise and the Hare, a fun and funky version of the original Aesop's Fable.  This morning I asked her whether I should be more like the tortoise or the hare for my race on Sunday.  She quickly shouted, "the hare" but then she thought for a second and said, "no, wait, the tortoise."  She was clearly stumped.  Finally, a wide smile spread across her face and she said, "I've got it!  You should be a 'hairy tortoise' (see below).  Run fast like the hare, but steady like the tortoise."  I laughed and then tucked the image into my brain to hopefully conjure up at mile 20.  Moral of the story, do your best but be smart about it.  And like the characters at the end of this book, make sure to have fun doing it.

Listen to this:
Marathon Runner - Yellow Ostrich  Marathon Runner - Strange Land


THE HAIRY TORTOISE
by Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment