Friday, May 11, 2012

It's Friday - Reader's Pick

Today's reader's pick is from Patrick C.  Here's a little back story on this one.  I was having dinner with friends at a restaurant when my ears picked up a song that I wasn't familiar with and wanted to figure out.  I grabbed my phone and tried to Shazam it.  No dice.  There was too much background noise.  I ran to the hostess and ask her if she knew the song.  She didn't but told me Patrick, the bartender, would because it was his iPod.  By the time I got to the bar, the song was over and we couldn't go back and see what it was because it would have ruined their flow of the evening.  I was pretty sure he thought I was nuts as I tried to hum the song.  He was looking at me closely like he was about to say something and then he turned away.  Ok, I had thought to myself.  I'd have walked away, too if this was happening to me.  But then, he came back with a piece of paper that had his email on it.  He said, "email me and I'll give you the playlist.  I'm serious.  I'm really into music.  I know how important it is to figure this out."  And then he quickly got back to work.  Yes!  All I could think at the time was how lucky I was that he "got it" or they might have been asking me to leave the bar.  We never did figure out the song, but when I went in the next day to write down his playlist (yes, I was obsessed), he told me he hadn't run in a while but when he did he liked to listen to one particular album.  Thanks for your time, Patrick.  And thanks for sharing.

Listen to this:
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers  Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment