Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Running, Music, Etc.

Tuesday, May 29th
AM
6:30 - Woke up
8:00 - Dropped girls at school
9:00 - Headed out for 10 mile run
PM
12:00 - Picked up daughter early from school for Dr. appt.
----- this was followed by a trip to CVS for the medication, in addition to 3 boxes of bandaids and a pack of gum (all for her).  Yes, I was a sucker.
3:00 - Picked up other daughter from school
3:45 - Stopped by Starbucks for a coffee and wondered how I was going to make it through the rest of the day as I waited in line.
4:00 - Worked on homework with older daughter as she stared longingly outside with zero ability to focus.
5:30 - Apologized to sitter when she arrived because I'd managed to get nothing done ahead of time to make it easier for her.
6:00 - Drove an hour and a half to Mansfield for a Radiohead concert.
7:00 - Remembered why I make an effort to go to shows like this as I marveled at what I was hearing and seeing for four amazing hours.
11:00 - Headed home
----- sat in parking lot for an hour as we competed with everyone else to leave.  Super fun.
----- tried REALLY hard to keep my eyes open on the ride home as I wrote down multiple songs that I was hearing on XM radio that I wanted to remember for this blog.
AM
1:00 - Ate a bowl of cereal for dinner and went to bed.

Wednesday, May 30th
AM
6:45 - Struggled to get out of bed after 6 ridiculously short hours of sleep
8:00 - Dropped girls at school
9:00 - Headed out for a 5-6 mile run
----- cut it short to 4.3 miles (humidity and lack of sleep were not working with me today)
----- tapped my Garmin an then re-set it mid-run as I didn't believe that I could possibly be running as slow as it said I was running.
10:00 - Reminded myself that I am 37 and can only pull off a night like last night once a year and then patted myself on the back for motivating as it was worth every minute.

Listen to these:
RADIOHEAD
Jigsaw Falling Into Place - In Rainbows  Jigsaw Falling Into Place - In Rainbows 
Paranoid Android - OK Computer  Paranoid Android - OK Computer
Staircase - Single  Staircase - The Daily Mail / Staircase - Single

Supercollider
     

No comments:

Post a Comment