Monday, March 3, 2014

Races, Meet-ups, & Spring (hopefully)


Not to be totally cliché here, but I'm feeling incredibly lucky at the moment, and a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's March.  In two weeks, I'm headed down to VA to run the Shamrock 1/2 marathon with my fellow Oiselle birds.  While I am down there, I will also get to meet up with the Loopsters, a group I have connected with through Runner's World and who have become like a second running family to me.  Right after St. Patty's day, my high school team's outdoor track season begins, and I could not be more thrilled about that.  Go Lex!  And maybe, just maybe, we'll start to see some temps in the 30s and 40s, (which will feel like a freakin' heat wave) as spring is lurking in the wings.  Yes, there are a lot of good things happening this month.  I'm ready.  Let's go!

My MARCH "To-Do" List:
~ Pray for warm weather.
~ Fly to Norfolk Beach, VA to race and hang with the my Oiselle teammates
~ Meet, hug, high-five, etc. all the Loopsters I have been chatting with, getting advice from and laughing with over the past few months.
~ Catch up with John Wayne Lui, my running angel from Providence, down in VA.
~ Watch my daughter sing with her school's chorus at the Ice Chips show in Boston.
~ Get inspired by Olympic figure skaters who will be performing in the above show.
~ Mentally prepare myself for this monster training month that leads to Boston.
~ Get my spring track plan ready for the LHS ladies distance squad.  Whoot!
~ Enjoy our last month of the ski season up at Cannon in New Hampshire.
~ Listen to, run with, and share the March music of the month.

SONG:
Coattails - Broods  

ALBUM:
Voices - Phantogram  

1 comment:

  1. I think we're all praying for warm weather for Shamrock! Can't wait for the team meet up.

    ReplyDelete