Friday, August 1, 2014

AUGUST 'TO-DO's & NEW MUSIC

“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” 
~ Henry James

5 MINUTES WITH GRACE
(One of my favorite summer moments)

Oh, sweet summer.  It's not over yet, but we're getting close.  Thirty three more schedule and carpool free days to soak up with my family before the gears shift and the fall chaos ensues.  And I plan to milk these last few weeks for all they're worth.  Which is a lot.  Just yesterday, as I sat outside and goofed off with my 7 year old, I was reminded how important it is to cherish these brief windows of "agenda-free" time.  Every minute is so fleeting and so incredibly valuable.  Sniff sniff.  Okay, so here's my 'to-do' list for the month.  I'm off and running.  Happy August and rock on.

AUGUST 'TO-DO's:
~ Start getting my girls ready for school (clothes, supplies, reality check, etc.)
~ Polish up my high school XC training plan for the upcoming season.
~ Visit with my old friends Laurie, Molly, Weezie & Kate, who I haven't gotten to see in way too long.
~ Ramp up my weekly mileage as I get ready for my fall marathon starting with a 17 miler on Monday. OH BOY!
~ Head out to Bend, OR to run, race and play with my Oiselle teammates.  
~ Spend as much time as possible with my kids before school and fall sports takeover.  
~ Eat more ice cream....because summer is not over yet!

AUGUST MUSIC OF THE MONTH
SONG:
The House - Air Traffic Controller  


ALBUM:
Strange Desire - Bleachers*  

Note: This is just one song off this amazing album.  Do spend some time with this one.  It's so damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment