Tuesday, February 3, 2015

WINTER, FEBRUARY, 40, ETC.

"Winter is a season of recovery and preparation."
~ Paul Theroux


It's February.  It's still winter.  It's still cold as hell.  And, yes, it's still snowing.  You're not going to believe this, but Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter yesterday.  I know, shocker. Today we are having our 4th snow day in less than a week.  Totally awesome if you're a kid, a skier, or a Bernese mountain dog.  Not awesome if you're a parent and/or a runner.  It is what it is.  I just took a look at back at my 2014 Feb To-Dos post.  Not surprisingly, my list for Feb 2015 is pretty similar.  My younger daughter is turning eight, so I'll need to plan her birthday.  I'm training for yet another spring marathon, so my mileage is slowly creeping up.  Oh, and I'm turning 40.  D'oh!  Recently one of my friends from college sent me a note telling me that she thinks all the running I'm doing is keeping me young.  Ha!!  Could be.  But, more likely, it's keeping me sane.  And that's what's keeping me young.  Either way, I'll take it.  So here's to a new month.  And to winter....the season to recover and prepare; for spring, for 40, and for all that lies ahead.  Bring it on.


FEBRUARY TO-DOs
~ Work.
~ Ski with my family as much as possible.
~ Eat too many of those disgusting Valentine's day conversation hearts.  Just because.
~ Take my 10 year old to her first gymnastics meet of the year.
~ Celebrate my 40th with my girlfriends and my family.
~ Ski more. (the kids have winter break...because they need more time off from school)
~ Run the Half at the Hamptons in Hampton Beach, NH. (first race as a Master.  WOOT!)
~ Celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday.
~ Count down the days until AWOLNATION releases their sophomore album, 'RUN'.
~ Continue to embrace winter (or, at least continue to try)
~ Recover & prepare.
~ Listen to good music.

FEBRUARY MUSIC OF THE MONTH
SONG:



HOLLOW MOON (BAD WOLF) - AWOLNATION  





ALBUM:
CONTROL - MILO GREENE  

No comments:

Post a Comment