Tuesday, November 24, 2015

THANKFUL

“Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” 
~ Jefferson Bethke

So, despite being seeded 9th as they headed off to the MIAA All-State finals this past Saturday, the LHS XC ladies ended up finishing an impressive 4th.  That's right baby, fourth place in the state of MA in their division.  I was and continue to be stupidly ecstatic.  They ran together, they ran for each other and they ran their hearts out.  It was such a perfect ending to an incredible season.  And while I would have been proud of them no matter what, to see all their hard work come to fruition was truly the icing on the cake.  They are an amazing crew, I'm so thankful for my time with them and I will miss them terribly.


While I'm sad that our XC season is over, I'm incredibly fortunate to have several other things on the calendar to look forward to.  Never a dull moment.  Thank goodness.  Here's what's coming up.


1. Thanksgiving - 11/26  I love this holiday.  We typically spend it with my side of the family.  And while, I'm a little bummed that I won't be with them this year (we all just met in Florida for a family wedding and couldn't swing both), I'm really looking forward to switching it up and hanging with Jeff's side of the family on Cape Cod.  Should be a nice, quiet, relaxing couple of days with lots of laughs, a few naps, and a boat load of good food.


2. Chatham Turkey Trot - 11/26 - This one is new for us since we aren't usually on the Cape for turkey day.  My girls have just gotten into running and Rosie, in particular, is always up for a 5K. Our whole family is planning to run this one together which is always a blast.  The cool thing about this race is that they don't keep track of times or places.  It's just a fun event where you can get out and spend time with friends and family.  So cool.  Added bonus?  Calorie deficit in preparation for the big meal.


3. Rosie's Birthday - 11/29 - Little Rosie is turning 11.  Wait...what??  We'll be celebrating with friends and family both on the Cape and in NH.  And while my heart breaks a little every year that she gets older, I am so proud of the girl she has become.  Sniff, sniff.


4. Cambridge Winter Classic 5K - 12/6  Really fired up for this one.  I'm meeting up with a bunch of my Oiselle teammates to race together and then to grab brunch and catch up.  These ladies are coming from all over MA/RI/NH/VT area and I haven't seen many of them in a long time, so I'm almost giddy.  The race itself is awesome, too.  Great crowd, great swag, great costumes...more like a party than a race.  Highly recommend it if you are in the area.

All of these events are focused around family, friends, food, and fun.  I love that.  And I am so insanely thankful.  For all that has happened and all that lies ahead.

Listen to this:
We Can Glow - Royal Teeth or listen w/

1 comment:

  1. Winter Classic! Woohoo! I love posts like these that are all about being thankful, so nice to have joy out there in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete