Tuesday, June 13, 2017

NORTHEAST BIRDCAMP 2017

"You can do what I cannot do.  I can do what you cannot do.  
Together we can do great things."
~ Mother Teresa


Last week 150 women from the Oiselle team met up at Camp Foss in Strafford, NH for our 2nd Annual Northeast Birdcamp.  It was very similar to last year's camp; just a bit bigger with about 60 more people, more organized; because, being the ring leader, I knew what I was doing this time around, and a hell of a lot warmer (thank you, Mother Nature).  A lot of the gals were returning campers, but many were new and some were very recent additions to the team, which is a nation-wide crew of over 3000 women who love to run and to share that passion with those around them.  To an extrovert, our camp is a dream come true.  To an introvert, it's potentially their worst nightmare.  But, those of us who have been on the team for a while and who knew the camp drill, did our best to ease the minds of those who had trepidation about joining us before we made our way up there.  I didn't have a chance to talk to every single camper but the vibes I got were good and people seemed happy so hopefully everyone eventually settled in and by the end we all left as a new, bigger, better run-family, if you will.  Given that many of the women who came are active bloggers, I'm going to keep my post relatively short and sweet and give you the breakdown with photos.  Personally, I had a ball and have already started my countdown for next year.  In the meantime, I have the memories of all the amazing things we did together to keep me going.  It was incredibly bittersweet to say goodbye, but just knowing these women are out there and on my team is...well, it's powerful stuff and I'm insanely lucky to be a part of it.

NEBIRDCAMP 2017


we ran together,


we learned together, 


we swam together, 


we indulged together,


we flowed together,


we rolled together,


we caffeinated together,


we waited in line for that caffeine together,


we laughed together,


we ate good food together,


we reminisced together,


we bonded together,


we relaxed together,


we geeked out together,


and, in the end, we went our separate ways.  
But we will stay....always....together.

Listen to this:
The Gold - Manchester Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment