Wednesday, June 28, 2017

THESE RUNS

"The beautiful part of living is to realize the joy of being alive."
~ Terry Mark


It's 4:45am.  I want more sleep.  I need it.  But it's not happening.  I'm up.  I head upstairs to make coffee.  My dog, who has no concept of time, hops up and greets me excitedly.  Always ready, she is.  I step outside.  It's cool, low 60s, sunny, dry.  Perfect.  I sip and relax.  Today is the first day in a several that I feel almost human.  Almost.  I've been fighting a cold/sinus/ear infection for weeks.  On Monday, I finally went to the doctor to get meds and quickly learned that I'm allergic to the antibiotics she prescribed me.  It was ugly and I'll spare you the details, but I was in fetal position for 24 hours as it worked its way through my system.  My last run was Saturday and, even then, I probably shouldn't have run.  So today, Wednesday, I'm back on my feet and I'm itching to go.  Can you crave a run?  Sometimes you crave what you need.  I need this.  I lace up and feel the caffeine kicking in as I continue to wake up.  I grab Clover and turn my music on, but I play it low and go with a mellow playlist for a change.  I don't need the extra boost at the moment.  I'm flowing, slowly, which is okay because it feels really good.  I'm not an early morning runner.  But, I understand the appeal.  It's peaceful, quiet, still.  The morning is mine.  Today is different.  I don't need to push myself.  I don't want to.  I'm not going for it.  I'm just going.  I'm so grateful that my body is responding; to be out here doing what I love.  Do things happen for a reason?  Who knows.  I work, I train, I race, I rarely take a break.  It was time.  I'd forgotten about these runs.  The runs where pace and distance are irrelevant.  The runs that keep me smiling for hours long after they're done.  The runs that remind me why I run.  These runs.  Yes.



Listen to this:
Maintain by Vilde

2 comments:

  1. Afro-beat - Is a mix of Yoruba Music, jazz, Highlife, and funk rhythms, intertwined with African percussion and vocal styles, advanced in Africa in the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to completely master the instrument but, will take years of follow and dedication; so, it will take a whole life. however so much you wish to require it's up to you. For more information about Music & Bandsplease visit our website.

    ReplyDelete