Friday, October 5, 2018

BIKEWAY MAGIC


Nature's gift to us,
Is what we take for granted,
Let us treasure it!
    – Aditi Subramanian, age 8

It's Tuesday at 8:15am.  Yesterday I ran 24 miles, my last long run of this training cycle.  Today, I'm so tired it hurts.  I've had coffee.  Doesn't matter.  My lids are so heavy.  I'm struggling to keep them open.  And my legs.  Oh, my legs.  I text my coach.  Is this normal?  Should I be worried?  I ask.  It's okay he says  Your legs will come back he reminds me.  Will they?  I have a second cup of coffee.  Better.  But still.  I need more help.  I call Kirsten.  She gets it.  She's there, too.  Get in your car and drive to your run today  she says.  You need to change locations, mix it up.  Go over to the bike path in Lexington.  Take the thought out of planning your route.  Put your music on and zone out.  Come on, Bec.  You got this.  Okay.  Yes, I nod in agreement.  I can do this.  One step.  Two steps.  A little more effort.  And a maybe a little magic. 














I am alone with many thoughts.  I take in all the elements.  I can fly, soar through the air.  Nothing can stop me now that I fly.  It's a wonderful break I've found from reality.  I feel good about myself.  I laugh and smile.  Do one more mile.  My forward path narrows.  I turn around.  My end has become my beginning.  This path has granted me peace.  I have caught bikeway magic.  Lucky me.

Listen to this:
Every Step That I Take - Tom Morello (feat. Portugal. The Man)

No comments:

Post a Comment