Wednesday, June 12, 2019

BRAVE LIKE GABE

"Being brave, for me, means not giving up on the things that make me feel alive."
~ Gabe Grunewald


Earlier this week I told my girls about Gabriele Grunewald.  I told them that she is a professional runner and that she is battling a rare form of cancer.  I told them that over the past ten years, whenever her body allowed it, she has continued to train and race despite her cancer.  I told them that she was often sidelined when she was sick but that she never stopped fighting or believing she would beat it.  Not for a second.  I told them that she has worked incredibly hard to raise awareness and funds for both her type of cancer and other forms of rare cancer.  I told them that she is a wife, a coach, an advocate, a role model and, her words, a "lover of life".  I told them that I didn't know her personally, but that I know she has made and will continue to make a huge impact on many people's lives, myself included.  I told them that the world is a better place because she has been in it.  Last night, this unbelievably brave woman lost her battle with cancer.  This morning, I told my girls that we should all try to be #BraveLikeGabe in everything that we do.  Rest in Peace, Gabe Grunewald.  Thank you for the light you shined on all of us.

Listen to this:
No Pain - DJDS

1 comment: