Monday, October 3, 2011

Lose the Watch

Most days, I run with a watch.  I have a Garmin Forerunner with a GPS that helps me stay on pace and, more importantly, makes me feel really cool.  There are days when this is a good thing.  A race with my watch can force me to push my limits.  Other days, I've learned it's best to leave it at home.   Today I did a long run with a friend and I didn't wear my watch.  I won't lie, she did have hers, but just not having it on my own wrist made me a feel a bit freer and more relaxed on a run that was supposed to feel just that.  Rather than stare at the screen for each mile, I picked my head up and looked around.  It is possible to run just for the pleasure of running and nothing more.  Try it.

Listen to this:
Broken Up a Ding Dong - Beta Band  Broken Up a Ding Dong - The Beta Band

No comments:

Post a Comment